Thursday, January 30, 2014

BeltLock - Gave Me Peace of Mind From Accidental Seatbelt Release

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

If you have small kids, then you should read my post about the BeltLock. This little and durable device prevents kids from accidentally opening their seatbelts.


As you have read in my previous posts, I have 2 daughters and they sit side-by-side in our car. Thus, the orientation of the carseats.

One time, I was turning left when all of a sudden, my 2 year old's car seat (the purple one) tumbled sideways. We were both scared to death. She had tears welling up on her face and repeatedly told me "Don't do that ever again mommy!"

I realized that my 5 year old daughter might have pressed my 2 year old's seat belt release button accidentally while removing her own seat belt. I am at fault too since I should've checked if the seat belt was properly secured before we left. This was the first time it happened and will be the last.

I was so happy and excited to receive my BeltLock. It was very compact, small, durable and easy to use. It can only be removed by the use of a key or a thin object.

The instructions were printed inside the wrapper used for the BeltLock itself. I found the instructions easy to follow. I have a video below for the step by step installation of the BeltLock. :)

Here, I have put the BeltLock on the seatbelt used for my 2 year old's car seat. As you can see in the picture, the release button of the seat belt is very safe now. It is secured by the BeltLock.

Only a key or a thin object can push the seat belt release button to release the seat belt.

I am much more confident now that I know my daughters are safer. It gave me peace of mind knowing my daughters wouldn't be able to accidentally release the seat belt lock.

I definitely recommend this product specially to those who have smaller children.


You can learn more about the BeltLock here http://beltlock.ie/index.php.

I posted a video of how the BeltLock works and how easily it can be installed. :)









 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

 DISCLAIMER: I am a member of Tomoson and I have received a free BeltLock to try and review however, all opinions are honest and my own and are not influenced in any way. I only recommend products I think are worth sharing. I do not share or sell information and all information shared with me will solely be used for prize shipment. I am disclosing this in accordance with FTC 16 CFR Part 255.

2 comments:

  1. overall I think this is a good idea. I can see a few flaws with the idea (are the paramedics going to be struggling with this in the event of an accident...) but its still going to reduce any injuries sustained because the seat belt will still be fastened at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great product. We had a similar issue with one of the older children releasing a buckle of the babies car seat. It is scary but makes you wish you had the beltlock for this reason.

    ReplyDelete